01 April, 2011

How We Write Is Who We Are .

After looking over most of the vignettes that people wrote,  I saw many interesting ones that talked about their lives, names families, personalities, and many other mores.  As I was reading through the vignettes, I saw some that interest me to write about it. I think Alex N. and Bianca’s vignettes that talked about their hand writings as well as their family’s members is really interesting.
I agree that every one's handwriting is different and unique in its own way because it is kind of impossible to have the same handwriting as other family members in your family. My handwriting can be neat when I have to time to write neat, or I would write neat for a in class essay, so it would be easy to read. Plus, and in projects. My mom and dad’s handwriting are relatively big in size, while my mom’s handwriting is slanted with a hook and the last word of her sentence, my dad’s handwriting is a mixture of capital letters and lower case too. At the same time, my sister’s handwriting is like any other little kid’s handwrtings.
Just like in Alex and Bianca’s vignettes, they both discussed about the differences of handwriting in their dads, moms, and sisters.
In Alex’s vignette, he started by talking about his dad then later moved onto the rest of his family. I noticed that in this particular vignette, he uses handwritings to  describe the personalities of his family
“My Dad’s handwriting looks like quick scratch, where every word seems to blend together, but surprisingly it is still readable. My Dad’s messy handwriting is derived from the thousands of papers my Dad has written due to the fact that he is a lawyer.”
In this quote, Alex is trying to say that because of the job his dad has, as a lawyer, he needs to be constantly taking notes of the opposing side. As a result, he has to write fast, and because of that he writes messily.
On the other hand, Bianca describes her sister’s handwriting as a mood changer.
“If she is wide awake, her letters are the same size, each in an orderly manner. If she is bored it starts to slant over like our mother's. If she is in a rush, the letters grow bigger and bigger.”
This is similar to Alex’s dad’s handwriting because Alex’s dad is often in a rush, and has to write messily, and when Bianca’s sister is in a rush, she writes big.

No comments:

Post a Comment