25 March, 2011

The House On Mango Street: Esperanza's Future .

After reading The House on Mango Street written by the author, Sandra Cisneros, I predict Esperanza left her house on Mango Street, as well as in her future, she became a writer. In the book, Esperanza always wanted to leave neighborhood where Mango Street and her house is located at. At the last vignette of the book, Esperanza said,
“ One day I will pack my bags of books and papers. One day I will say goodbye to Mango. I am too strong for her to keep me here forever. One day I will go away.” (110). This quote proves both that in Esperanza’s future, she will become a writer and will leave the house on Mango Street, and be free. Esperanza is a strong independent woman, in most of the vignettes, she described how women are leaning on the window. This means, that they want to leave where they are at. This shows that Esperanza is one of them too, because if she does lean on the windows too, she understands why the women are leaning. It is a symbol for desiring freedom. She will become a writer because she said ” I will pack my bags of books and papers.” This portrays, Esperanza likes to read and write.
Consequently, I predict she became a writer. I also think the author, Sandra Cisneros is Esperanza. This is evidenced when Esperanza said,  “They will not know I have gone away to come back. For the ones I left behind. For the ones who cannot out.” (110). This shows that Esperanza will come back and help the women that have the life she had when she was a young women, just like all the ones that lived in Mango Street. To go back to help those women, she wrote a book, titled The House on Mango Street. In the book of The House On Mango Street, Esperanza described how her life was like living in Mango Street.  Also how the women in her neighborhood, their lives were like. She wants to help the other women, on how to get freedom like her, so to do that, she wrote The Book on Mango Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment