11 December, 2010

Response : Oakland .

This is a response post to Shannon’s blog post about the topic on Oakland. And on her blog post, she stated that,
“  Living in the hood for my whole life, I would say Oakland is fine. A lot of people call it a "kill-zone" and say its dangerous. From the parts I've lived in and from my experience its not really dangerous unless you're unlucky and shot as an innocent bystander or you're into some stuff. Most people in Oakland aren't even into stuff. Oakland has actually been very safe for me and lots of other people. There are parts that are very nice like Montclair and the Oakland Hills are all safe as can be.“
I do agree with what Shannon had said about Oakland being kind of safe. I have lived in Oakland for most of my life, and I have never experienced, seen or witnessed violence happening. From my experience, I’ve seen more fights happening in school than I have seen in Oakland. And so yeah, to me Oakland is pretty safe, and most people that do not live in Oakland think that Oakland is dangerous, because maybe others had told them that there are fights, killing, gunshots, violence, and etc happening here all the time. And, they think so is maybe some one else told them the same thing, and now they are spreading what they think Oakland is around. Though, to me Oakland is safe to live, there are parts of it that have violence, not every where is completely safe, and does not have any violence, and stuff.. But to me, Oakland is not as bad as every one thinks it is.

And also what Jessica said in her blog supports my view on Oakland. She said,

Seriously, Oakland residents aren't really into killing however the only reason that people are doing violence is because they are poor and need money to live a life.”
I think it is true that people are stealing by using violence, because they need the money, since there aren’t many jobs around, and people have lives too, so they have to steal to support their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment