11 December, 2010

Second Paper Clip : The Curious Incident Of the Dog in the Night- Time .

So far I have read up to my second paper clip, this paper clip was interesting. I found out that his father killed Wellington and his mom is still alive. . And during those pages, what I have annotated are about predictions of Christopher’s actions. For instance, on page 94, it says “Then I noticed that there were lots of other envelopes and they were all addressed to me.”
Then, on page 97, “So I opened the envelope inside there was a letter,” after the end of the letter it says that Christopher’s mom wrote it to him. So based on that my prediction was that, “ I predict that the letter is going to reveal something that is related to his mother.”
Also, I predicted that maybe Christopher’s mom is still alive, and these are the evidences that support my prediction: on page 98, “... Lots of Love, Your Mum... Then I was really confused because mother had never worked as a secretary...”
And, on page 99, Christopher thought, “ Then I though that perhaps it was not a letter from... “
After those, I predicted the mom is still alive, she just moved away since she had an affair with Mr. Shears / Roger.

And during the lit circle discussion, we basically talked about our predictions, and like how our predictions were correct.  In the lit circle discussion, we discussed about how our prediction of Christopher's mom is still alive. Like how we said, there was not enough evidence to believe that she is dead. And instead there are more information on why she moved away; how she has an affair with Mr. Shears. And because of that she moved away, and so Christopher’s father has to lie to Christopher that his mom died from cancer. Instead of telling him that she moved away because of Mr. Shears.

On page 130- 131, he made a diagram inside his head of where to live at. Because he is planning to run away, and he does not want to live with his father anymore. And this is because on page 122, Christopher said, “ I had to get out of the house. Father had murdered Wellington. That meant he could murder me, because I couldn’t trust him, even though he had said “Trust me,” because he had told a lie about a big thing.” So on his diagram were options of who to go to, there were : living with his father, Mrs.Shears, garden, his mother, or Uncle Terry. And I think he should stay with his father, because the only reason why he killed Wellington was because of Mr.Shears, and why Mr.Shears is his mother being lonely, and why his mother became lonely was constant fights with his father between Christopher, himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment