17 December, 2010

Third Book Post : The Curious Incident Of the Dog In the Night-Time

Hi guys. This is going to  be my last book review on The Curious Incident Of the Dog In the Night-Time. So in the third lit circle discussion, me and my group discussed about the ending of the story, since it was the last paper clip we had to read. Later, we talked about how Christopher is the problem or conflict of his parents, and his mom and Mr. Shears. My group then talked about how Christopher’s dreams are scary, and how they are creepy. Plus, in our lit circle discussion, we also talked about how Christopher is just the same as everyone else is.
So we’ve just finished up the book. And I do not think that the ending was exciting, I kind of find the ending boring in a way. I think that at the end, Christopher’s parents should get back together again. And in the lit circle discussion, a member of the group disagreed, he said that they should not get back together because, it will caused more problems, just like how it did before. The problem got Christopher’s mom left.
Anyways, lets talk about his scary / creepy dreams. So on page 198, he said, “ And when i was asleep I had one of my favorite dreams... And in the dream nearly everyone on earth is dead, because they have caught a virus.” I find that his dream is creepy because that is considered his favorite dream, when almost everyone died. This shows that he does not like crowded ness, how the earth is crowded with lots of people, so he wishes people died. But remaining people like him, on page 198- 199, “ And eventually there is no one left in the world except... all special people like me. “ This tells me that he does not like people  that are not like him, he likes people that are special like him.
In addition, in our discussion Colin stated that Christopher is just like everyone else, but he takes on different path to find the solution, how all the paths have the same end results. Then, Elton, said he does not really agree with Colin by having same paths will lead you to same solutions, because our paths affect our future. And, to conclude that I agree with both Colin and Elton, Christopher can solve a problem like others can, but he might not too, since our paths affect our futures.

No comments:

Post a Comment